From the flag sign to the wall sign, via the roof or floor sign, the choice of the letter of the sign is as important as the content of the message you wish to convey.
Sign lettering: definition
The lettering of a sign refers to all the letters and logos that make up the sign.
The choice of lettering is essential because it is a way of standing out from your competitors to convey your image and attract the customer’s attention to your business.
Each letter sign technique will use different materials and accessories depending on the following:
– the shapes, the design;
– the graphics, the choice of colours;
– the type of lighting, the volume.
The different types of sign letter
Depending on your needs, there are several models of sign letters.
– The box letter sign, which designates all the letters in relief:
◦ These 3D letters can be backlit by LED or neon of different aspects, materials and thicknesses.
◦ In stainless steel, for the most prestigious, they allow a neat display.
– The cut-out sign letter:
◦ The letters are cut out of materials such as aluminium, adhesive or PVC. They are applied directly to your storefront or glued to a lighted device (box).
◦ They can then be lacquered and covered with an adhesive; they are non-illuminated but can be backlit.
– The letter sign bathtub:
◦ This term refers to hollow letters that can take on various shapes and sizes.
– The letter signs in relief:
◦ Letters of this type are used to give volume to your sign. They can be of different volumes and thicknesses.
◦ A lighted or backlit device can illuminate them.
– The letter adhesive sign refers to all the letters cut out of adhesive and stuck on an advertising device.
Like the flag sign, the letter sign, the ground sign or the roof sign, the applique sign is one of the most used identification and communication media in the field of signage.
What is a wall sign?
A fascia sign is a sign that is placed flat against the wall of a building or on the front of a business to identify and promote the business.
The applique sign, like the flag sign, allows
– to quickly identify the type of business or company;
– to enhance the image of a business.
Location of the wall sign
The wall sign is visible when you are in front of the building.
The traditional location of the wall sign is above the window. It can be made up of 2 types of letter signs
– separate letters sealed into the wall;
– letters fixed to a box.
Constraints to be respected
The Environmental Code specifies the rules to be respected in terms of outdoor advertising. It provides a few details concerning surface-mounted signs:
– They must be affixed to stay within the limits of the wall on which they are applied.
– They can be installed on an awning, a balcony or in front of a bay if they are within the limit of the wall.
Why install a wall sign?
In addition to being an integral part of the décor of a storefront, the purpose of a wall sign is generally to
– to indicate the name of the trade or business;
– to provide information on the activity carried out;
– to provide information on the products and services offered.
The advantages of this type of sign
Surface-mounted signs offer many advantages, such as
– its adaptation to all types of shop fronts;
– the choice between an illuminated or non-illuminated model;
– quick, eye-catching;
– high visibility and legibility.
And that’s it for the wall sign. Hopefully, this article has provided you with enough information on What is a wall sign? Remember to leave us your comments in the section below.