Beards are back in fashion. To keep it clean and soft, it needs regular maintenance and trimming. Care, oils, cutting, dyeing: this article guides you through the steps to take good care of your beard.
– Beard oil: what does it contain?
– What are the benefits of beard oil?
– Beard oil: how to choose it?
– How to use beard oil?
– Beard oil: what budget should I spend on it?
Just like hair, the beard needs to be taken care of. Beard oil remains the best ally for a healthy beard to maintain, nourish and promote its balanced growth.
Beard oil: what does it contain?
Beard oil is intended to be applied and take care of the beard every day; it is composed of:
– one or more vegetable oils such as argan oil, jojoba, almond, olive. It is this vegetable oil that makes up 80% of the beard oil and should be chosen according to the effect you expect;
– a few drops of essential oils are diluted in the vegetable oil to perfume the beard oil.
Good to know: it is thus recommended to choose a beard oil according to the benefits of the vegetable oil which composes it.
What are the benefits of beard oil?
Thanks to the different ingredients present in beard oil, you can use it to:
– moisturize the beard hair;
– facilitate and stimulate the growth of the beard;
– perfume the beard;
– treat the beard in case of dandruff, hair loss, dehydration of the fibers…
Good to know: in the longest beards, it is also recommended to brush and comb the beard every day.
Beard oil: how to choose it?
To nourish the beard in-depth, you can turn to a beard oil containing oil:
– coconut oil for resistant beard hair;
– almond oil for itchy and dry skin;
– jojoba oil for deep moisturizing of the beard;
– safflower for the driest of facial skin;
– olive oil to repair and moisturize the beard;
– grape seed to treat acne on the skin;
– argan oil to bring softness to the beard hair.
The essential oils that complete the beard oil can be chosen according to your tastes and preferences.
Good to know: because of their high concentration, essential oils are not recommended for people with epilepsy. In case of doubt, it is recommended to ask a health professional for advice.
How to use beard oil?
It is necessary to apply beard oil in the morning or evening after cleansing the face or taking a shower to let it be well absorbed. For greater efficiency, you must use beard oil:
– every day;
– on a dry and clean beard;
– by hand and massaged concentrically or in the direction of hair growth.
Good to know: due to essential oils, it is recommended to apply beard oil only on the hairs without contact with the skin.
Beard oil: what is the budget for it?
More and more widespread, beard oils are now available in many stores. It is thus possible to get some:
– in barbershops;
– in stores specializing in the sale of accessories and products for beard care;
– in perfumeries;
– in some parapharmacies;
One good reference of a product which I use myself is
BarberClub Long Beard & Skin Oil.
How did you find this post? Please, remember to share and comment below. Also, do not hesitate to request a particular topic of your choice. We’ll get back to you asap.
2 Replies to “How to Choose Your Beard Oil”