– Step 1: Clean your beard with shampoo
– Step 2: Scrub your face
– Step 3: Brush or comb your beard
– Step 4: Nourish your beard and moisturize your skin
– Step 5: Trim your beard
Wearing a beard is back in style, especially with the hipster movement. You’ve got an overloaded schedule and no time to go to the barber, but a shaggy beard is out of the question. To keep it clean and soft, it needs regular maintenance. Discover all the steps to take good care of your beard like a gentleman!
1. Clean your beard with shampoo
The first step in caring for your beard is to shampoo it. To do this, use a mild shampoo or a special beard shampoo.
– On wet skin, under the shower, apply a dab of shampoo on the beard.
– Massage with your fingertips to lather and reach the skin under the beard.
– Rinse the beard thoroughly with the shower to remove all traces of shampoo.
– Pat the beard dry with a clean, dry towel.
Good to know: it is recommended to shampoo your beard 2 to 3 times a week.
2. Scrub your face
It is recommended to exfoliate your face once a week. Exfoliation helps to remove dead skin cells and prevent ingrown hairs on shaved areas of the face.
– Warm a little scrub in your hands.
– Spread the product over the entire face, including the beard.
– Use circular motions with your fingertips. Press firmly against the beard to reach the skin underneath.
– Rinse thoroughly with clean water. You can use the shower’s jet to remove grains stuck in the beard’s hairs.
– Dry your skin and beard thoroughly with a dry towel.
3. Brush or comb your beard
It’s essential to brush your beard every morning to keep it tidy.
– Comb your beard every morning, at least in the direction of the hair.
Necessary: never brush wet hairs. They may break because they are more fragile.
Good to know: when the beard hairs are long enough, brushing them helps hide any holes thanks to the hairs on top.
4. Nourish your beard and moisturize your skin
Taking care of your beard also means taking care of your skin. After cleaning and possibly exfoliating, apply a moisturizing product to protect your skin and nourish your beard.
For short beards (three-day beards)
– Apply a moisturizing balm all over the face.
– Massage the beard well to avoid cream residue.
For long beards
– Apply a moisturizing balm to the skin: forehead, nose, cheekbones, neck.
– Apply beard oil to the beard. Massage thoroughly to coat all hairs and reach the skin underneath.
5. Even out your beard
Not all hairs grow at the same rate. It is therefore essential to trim your beard once a week.
It is best to use a trimmer to maintain your beard. You can also use scissors, but they are more challenging to handle.
The subsequent publication will cover:
- Beard care
- Maintaining your beard
- Beard oil
- Beard trimming
- Trimming your beard
- Trimming a mustache
- Beard Dye
- Beard Dye
- Dyeing your beard
Unless you want somebody else to do it for you, you will have to go to a pro barber. Have a nice day, gentleman, and remember to share your comments below.