– Where to rent a wedding venue?
– How to choose a wedding venue?
– Cost of a wedding venue
You are in the middle of preparing your wedding, you have organized a wedding planning so that you don’t forget anything. Getting married with your loved one will be the most beautiful day of your life, you want it to be unforgettable. For this, the choice of the wedding hall is decisive.
Where to rent a wedding venue?
Whether your wedding is country, romantic or sumptuous, you will have to quickly get down to work to find the right place for your wedding.
Also, the wedding hall must be in harmony with your party and will have to adapt to the style of your wedding. Therefore, there are many private spaces or various public places that can be rented to celebrate exceptional events.
You can opt for :
– private castles;
– farms, inns and other restaurants;
– theatres which have many rooms available;
– palace lounges;
– festival halls;
– large estates equipped with gîtes for the accommodation of your guests;
– barges which offer a more unusual side.
Different tools can help you to carry out and target your various searches, such as :
– paper guides ;
– yellow pages;
– internet guides;
– several sites: such as Summerfields Estate;
– word-of-mouth does not go out of fashion either and offers excellent results.
If you have the possibility, you can also decide to receive your guests in your rented estate, or that of a relative park. In this case, think about renting a wedding tent, if sometimes the weather is not suitable.
How to choose your wedding venue?
As a first step, you should start scouting at least one year before the wedding date because the most sought-after and high quality wedding halls and venue are very much in demand. And, you don’t want to be on the waiting list for too long!
Getting the wedding hall rented on the date that suits you will therefore be a priority. Choose a location that is suitable for both families and friends, not too far from the church or the town hall so as not to lose half of the guests.
The party is for everyone, it would be better to avoid climbing stairs that are not always accessible to the elderly.
After you have found several places that suit you, all that remains is to make the final choice, do not hesitate to visit the selected rooms and especially the place where the reception will take place, leaving nothing to chance, go through all the practical details with a fine-tooth comb.
Criteria to be taken into account in the choice of a wedding hall
Ask yourself the right questions, namely :
– The number of guests:
◦ It will define the size of the hall, the number of seats available, the type of tables, the plan of the hall.
◦ It is preferable for the tables to be round for more conviviality and not too far from each other as this could lack warmth. Think about your wedding table plan.
– Small, friendly spaces can also be a plus :
◦ You can customize a room especially dedicated to children who can be entrusted to a wedding babysitter,
◦ A rest room to relax and/or for the elderly.
– Will the vin d’honneur take place in the same room?
– Make sure you have enough room for your wedding’s entertainment: sound equipment, orchestra, various games.
– Is there enough room to dance?
– What kitchen equipment is planned and available: stove, refrigerator, sink, freezer…
– Are there enough toilets?
– Is the room heated if your wedding takes place in winter?
– Is the venue and its surroundings secure?
– Is the parking lot large and convenient enough to accommodate all your guests?
– At what time does the rental end?
Don’t hesitate to ask for information and testimonials from people who have already been married in this location. Ask for advice from your friends and neighbours. You can also entrust the organisation of your wedding to a wedding planner.
Cost of a wedding hall
It is important to consider your budget when choosing your wedding hall. The cost varies according to the location, the surface area and the equipment provided. Remember that a down payment allows you to “block” and quickly reserve the reception hall.
Ask how the price of your room is charged, what is included in the price:
– The material (kitchen equipment)?
– Are tables and chairs included?
– What about insurance in case of an incident?
Prices vary according to the style of your wedding hall: a manor, an estate or luxury residence, a castle, or a prestigious wedding hall.
Don’t forget to add the cost of your personalized decoration to this budget.
Good to know: Be aware that prices decrease significantly out of season.
To choose the venue of your events: Weddings, Corporate functions, Romantic getaways, and other Functions, you can contact Summerfields Estate for a stylish location on the Mornington Peninsula.
Don’t forget to leave us your comments and tell us about your experience!